Saturday, February 24

Moscow Nevertheless Recognises the Use of Conscripts in Ukraine

The Russian Defense Ministry admitted on Wednesday that some conscripts had taken part in the raid on Ukraine.

 

On Monday, President Vladimir Putin contradicted that and said only professional soldiers had been sent to the neighbouring country.

The ministry announced that the Ukrainian army had captured a number of conscripts from supply units. “Unfortunately, we have discovered several facts about the presence of conscripts in units participating in the special military operation in Ukraine.

Virtually all of these soldiers have been returned to Russia,” the ministry said. However, it promised to avoid such situations in the future.

Leave a Reply